Welcome to the official author's blog for Pico Triano. From this site you can find links to most of my online writing. The menu below will bring you to some of my more popular work and allow you to navigate the site. In the sidebar you will find feeds listing the latest articles on all my websites. Relax take you time and enjoy your visit.

Wednesday 13 May 2015

Lesson Learned and Other Schtuff


The past couple weeks have taught me one thing that is encouraging about promoting my own writing. The articles listed at the end of each post like I'm doing today do make a difference. A percentage of my readers will click the links and keep reading. On my Pico's Cycling - Tales of the Road site I see regular referrals coming from my site here. That means that I will be adding that to everything from here on out. I will try to keep it related to the subject at hand but this is my site so I can advertise whatever I feel like.

Picture above is from my wife Francine's artwork. Why on earth would I use that on my author's blog is quite simple. She works hard at painting pictures while I work hard at writing. Both of us would like to see additional income from those sources. Those article ads at the bottom could include things like links to her website. I've always wanted to be able to do articles to promote the efforts of some of my friends and family members. With the blogs I have, I have the platforms to do exactly that if I have the time. Several family members and friends are artists. I also have a lot of writer friends. I just my write something to promote them.

This is one of the big advantages of running your own site as opposed to writing on hosted platforms like Hubpages and others. I will continue to write for them but if I have something that doesn't fit. No problem.

Anyway, I had a rough week financially and it has been draining. After all that we have a new vehicle and I hope I'm still coherent.

More From Pico and Friends

The Three Towers of Evil

This was originally written on Bubblews as a serial. I thought it was good enough to post over to Hubpages once I'd recovered all the posts from Bubblews. The greatest thing here is that you won't have to go searching for all the pieces of the story. It has not been promoted on this platform previously.

Francine's Art

To the left is Francine's latest completed work. She is working on another painting which I think is going to be her best to date. She has been registered on this site for quite some time. Pictures can be ordered as prints, greeting cards and even pillow cases. She is willing to part with some of the originals but not through this site.


Pico's Cycling - Tales of the Road

Our May issue is poised to be a record breaking month. We are on pace to set a monthly readership record. It is a great issue. For the first time it looks like we'll have all five articles top one hundred individual views. Go on and have a look. If you enjoy cycling, you'll love reading our stories and browsing our content.

No comments:

Post a Comment