Welcome to the official author's blog for Pico Triano. From this site you can find links to most of my online writing. The menu below will bring you to some of my more popular work and allow you to navigate the site. In the sidebar you will find feeds listing the latest articles on all my websites. Relax take you time and enjoy your visit.

Friday 5 June 2015

Whew! We're Mobile Friendly


Google and I have a love/hate relationship. Not long ago a warning came up on my Adsense dashboard advising me that mobile friendliness would be made a factor in our Google ranking. Arrgh! Like I would view that as good news.

I used to do customer service for a major cell phone company in a call centre. This has caused me to have a severe aversion to cell phones and smart phones. I have witnessed first hand the financial damage one can do to oneself with one of those. Way back when I owned a cell phone and it was not a good experience. Finally I love cycling and someone illegally operating one of those @#&% things could end my life. Not good news at all.

I check the dashboard regularly hoping that someone will go on a buying spree that benefits me. Every time I go in though I see that message and the button with a link where I can have my site tested. I was afraid to check. There are only so many hours in a day and my online writing time has limits. What kind of convoluted techno hoops do I have to go through to make my sites "mobile friendly". I don't have time to redo everything and that of course is my fear.

About an hour ago I decided to bite the bullet. I clicked the button, entered the URL to Pico's Cycling - Tales of the Road averted my eyes for a few moments, grimaced and then looked. It came back with "Awesome, this page is mobile friendly." I guess everything is just peachy. I didn't have to do anything.

Go ahead click the button!

More From Pico (All photos and titles in this section are clickable links)


Pico's Cycling - Tales of the Road

Free online monthly cycling magazine. Read in more than forty countries every single issue. Come have a look for tips, stories and inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment